The Rhode Island Black Business Association (RIBBA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the business opportunities and vitality of Black-owned and minority businesses in Rhode Island through access to capital, contracting, business development resources, entrepreneur training, business advocacy, meaningful investor services, and workforce development.
RIBBA is made up of individuals and businesses of all sizes and membership is open to the public. The organization strives to build a purpose-driven Association where people unite and take actions to create lasting change. RIBBA values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, abilities, socioeconomic status, culture, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
About the Fundraising Specialist Position
Fundraising is an essential part of increasing our impact. This role will research, coordinate, and accomplish fund development activities. Including, but not limited to: national grants, corporate grants, community foundation grants, and other fundraising related activities. The incumbent will assist the organization in its long-term goal of creating a stronger organization with a wide array of funding sources.
- Research grant and funding opportunities
- Write and coordinate logistics around grant applications
- Work with RIBBA team to attain the data and necessary information
- Develop creative fundraising activities
- Strong writing skills – able to express strong written narratives
- Experience with grant applications
- Experience with fundraising events, efforts, and projects
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills; must be able to communicate with a varied constituency.
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and web-based software required.
Education and Experienc
- Two or more years of communications, grant writing, or direct fundraising experience. If no direct experience, then incumbent must demonstrate transferable experience from another field.