The Rhode Island Black Business Association (RIBBA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the business opportunities and vitality of Black-owned and minority businesses in Rhode Island through access to capital, contracting, business development resources, entrepreneur training, business advocacy, meaningful investor services, and workforce development.
RIBBA is made up of individuals and businesses of all sizes and membership is open to the public. The organization strives to build a purpose-driven Association where people unite and take actions to create lasting change. RIBBA values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, abilities, socioeconomic status, culture, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
About the Member Chair Position
As an essential part of increasing our membership and its impact, RIBBA is seeking to fill the volunteer position of Membership Chair. The primary responsibility of this voluntary role is the management of the Association’s new-member recruitment, on-boarding, and current member review. The incumbent will assist the organization in its long-term goal of creating a stronger, more engaged, and diverse member base.
The incumbent will be expected to utilize the organization’s communication and database tools to track and interact with member. An understanding of various technology and communications software a plus.
- Develop and implement a membership recruitment strategy
- Facilitate on-boarding strategy for members
- Periodic evaluation of membership
- Managing the membership database
- Other administrative and management duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal, communications, member management, program management, and motivational skills; must be a “self-starter”, with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills; must be able to communicate with a varied constituency.
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, word-processing, spreadsheet, database, social media, and web-based software required.
Education and Experience
- Two or more years of business development or customer relations experience required; demonstrated success in communications is highly preferred. If no direct experience, then incumbent must demonstrate transferable experience from another field.
- Previous experience working in a non-profit or community organizing setting preferred.