The Rhode Island Black Business Association (RIBBA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the business opportunities and vitality of Black-owned and minority businesses in Rhode Island through access to capital, contracting, business development resources, entrepreneur training, business advocacy, meaningful investor services, and workforce development.
RIBBA is made up of individuals and businesses of all sizes and membership is open to the public. The organization strives to build a purpose-driven Association where people unite and take actions to create lasting change. RIBBA values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, abilities, socioeconomic status, culture, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
About the Data Research Volunteer Position
A researcher and data specialist is needed to help the Rhode Island Black Business Association dissect state and national data to better understand the needs of Black businesses.
- Supporting quantitative and/or qualitative analyses, including cleaning, organizing, and analyzing data
- Creating a database of studies and research that can be utilized in various communications
- Creating business surveys as needed, analyzing, and presenting that data
- Producing high-quality visuals to be used in a range of deliverables
- Assisting in writing sections of reports, briefs, memos, and other research and policy documents
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with strong interpersonal skills
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.