Providence, Rhode Island – Wednesday, May 5, 2022 – The Rhode Island Black Business Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing business opportunities and vitality of Black-owned and minority businesses and professionals in RI, is seeking nominations for its 2022 Annual Awards Program. RIBBA will recognize outstanding business owners, entrepreneurs and community leaders for their achievements and contributions to the community. The awards will be presented at RIBBA’s 2022 Annual Awards Gala on Friday, October 28, 2022.
Nominations are being accepted in six categories:
- George T. Downing Business Leadership Award: Presented to an influential business leader for developing an outstanding, growing business; innovative product(s), increasing jobs, increasing sales, overcoming adversity in the workplace and who plays a strong leadership role in the community by serving industry associations and community organizations.
- Emerging Leader Award: Presented to an individual who is an up-and-coming leader whose impact is seen not only in their organization, but throughout the state.
- Isaac Rice Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Presented to an individual who has no more than three years of organizing and/or managing a successful business.
- Christiana Bannister Civic Leadership Award: Presented to an individual in recognition of outstanding services to the community, society and humanity.
- Diversity and Inclusion Champion: Presented to a company that demonstrates a strong commitment to corporate responsibility practices and whose leaders are actively engaged in supporting and expanding diversity and inclusion in procurement or lending and hiring.
- Member of the Year Award: Presented to an individual or business member of the Rhode Island Black Business Association who has played a strong role in RIBBA’s overall community goals.
Nominations for the Awards Program will be accepted until the deadline on June 3, 2022 at 5 pm. To nominate an individual or business, please use the Awards Program Nomination Form. For more information or to speak with a RIBBA representative, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rhode Island Black Business Association (RIBBA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the business opportunities and vitality of Black-owned and minority businesses in Rhode Island through access to capital, contracting, business development resources, entrepreneur training, business advocacy, meaningful investor services, and workforce development. Learn More, call 401-383-1179 or e-Mail: Info@ri-bba.org