Volunteer Coordinator Position
(This is a volunteer, unpaid 10-15 hour per month position)
The Rhode Island Black Business Association (RIBBA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the business opportunities and vitality of Black-owned and minority businesses in Rhode Island through access to capital, contracting, business development resources, entrepreneur training, business advocacy, meaningful investor services, and workforce development.
RIBBA is made up of individuals and businesses of all sizes and membership is open to the public. The organization strives to build a purpose-driven Association where people unite and take actions to create lasting change. RIBBA values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, abilities, socioeconomic status, culture, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
About the Volunteer Coordinator Position
As an essential part of increasing our organization’s impact, RIBBA is seeking to fill the volunteer position of Volunteer Coordinator. The primary responsibility of this voluntary role is the management of the Association’s volunteer recruitment, on–boarding, opportunity matching, and current volunteer communications. The incumbent will assist the organization in its long-term goal of creating a stronger, more engaged, and diverse volunteer base.
The incumbent will be expected to utilize the organization’s communication and database tools to track and interact with volunteers. An understanding of various technology and communications software a plus.
This position requires about 10-15 hours of work per month.
- Develop and implement a recruitment strategy for volunteers
- Develop and implement an on-boarding strategy for volunteers
- Develop and implement a strategy for retaining volunteers
- Ongoing communication with current volunteers to share and match with different opportunities
- Periodic evaluation of volunteers
- Managing the volunteer database
- Other administrative and management duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal, communications, volunteer management, program management, and motivational skills; must be a “self-starter”, with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills; must be able to communicate with a varied constituency.
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, word-processing, spreadsheet, database, social media, and web-based software required.
Education and Experience
- Two or more years of Volunteer recruitment and retention experience required; demonstrated success in communications is highly preferred. If no direct recruitment experience, then incumbent must demonstrate transferable experience from another field.
- Previous experience working in a non-profit or community organizing setting preferred.
This position is fully virtual, but may require some in-person activities later in 2021.To learn more about this role and to apply, please send a resume to email@example.com